- Tell people you're pregnant- This prank is not cool because it plays on the emotions of the people who care about you, so don’t joke that you’re pregnant or that your girlfriend/wife/friend is pregnant.
- Tell everyone you're engaged- There are no shortage of fake “engagement” April Fools’ Day jokes on social media every year and it’s never funny. Again, you’re messing with people’s emotions and that’s not okay.
- Fake an illness or death- We shouldn’t even have to mention this one, but just in case you’re thinking of pretending you have some serious illness or that you died, please don’t. It’s just not funny.
- Tell your partner you're cheating- Not only is this really mean, it could really backfire, so no April Fools’ Day pranks about being unfaithful.
- Potentially mess with someone's job- Playing pranks at the office can help the day seem a little less boring, but play nice and don’t mess with anything that could affect someone’s job, like their email, their work, or their reputation.
- Tell everyone you and your partner broke up- This may seem like a good prank, right up until your mom and sister tell you how much they actually dislike your partner and they’re glad you broke up.
- Make someone eat something dangerous- It may be fun to trick someone into biting into what they think is a candy apple, only to discover that it’s actually a candied onion, but it’s not funny to try to make someone sick or get risky with food allergies.
- Play on their worst fears- If your bestie is deathly afraid of spiders, she’s not going to think a joke involving them is funny, so don’t go there, even on April Fools’ Day.
Content Goes Here