Source: Study Finds
Sorry to break the news to Pharrell, but it turns out his song “Happy” didn’t even crack the top 10 happiest songs of all time. A new study took a deep dive into music’s happiest hits, and according to science, Electric Light Orchestra’s“Mr. Blue Sky” the happiest song ever.
Now granted, the survey was made of people aged 30 to 55 and they definitely brought their biases to the study. Researchers found 58% of adults said the songs which made them the happiest were the ones released when they were a kid. So when you’re checking out the list of the happiest songs of all time, don’t be surprised when it’s mostly the biggest songs of the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
Top 10 Happiest Songs Of All Time
- “Mr. Blue Sky” –ELO
- “Don’t Stop Me Now” –Queen
- “Stayin’ Alive” –Bee Gees
- “Dancing Queen” –Abba
- “Livin’ On a Prayer” –Bon Jovi
- “Come on Eileen” –Dexys Midnight Runners
- “You Can Call Me Al” –Paul Simon
- “Walking on Sunshine” –Katrina and the Waves
- “Just Can’t Get Enough” –Depeche Mode
- “Never Gonna Give You Up” –Rick Astley